I don’t have a whole lot to say about this Fort except that it was rather spooky to me even in the afternoon. It is located in Beaufort County a coastal S Carolina county and this is on St. Helena island that has a wealth of culture, marshland, wildlife and the after life.
For those who seek out the hauntings you may want to take the 2 mile drive from Frogmore to Lands end in the evening, there is a mysterious light that has been known to chase vehicles.
I’m a beleiver because I felt the chills on a hot humid afternoon. Also, I would not rate this Fort as family friendly, so keep the young and old nearby.
For a reference point this is located not far off the I 95 between Charleston S Carolina and Savannah Georgia.
Read all about the spooky stuff: http://ghostsnghouls.com/2013/04/28/lands-end-light-beaufort/
Happy scary travels 🙂 If you want to taste the delicious local shrimp or Gumbo I would suggest the Foolish Frog http://thefoolishfrog.com or any of the casual dining spots in the area….Low Country cooking…yummy
Most people enjoy a frightening fireside story about a haunted house. Stretch your imagination a bit let’s talk about the friendly ghost in a home that occupants typically learn to live with and accept their presence. Yes, they can be disruptive walking around the house at night turning on lights or opening doors and cabinets […]
via Not so scary haunted homes — EasyRealEstate
Although I have never experienced anything unusual on this day it may be because I drift through the day with extreme caution.
My Grandma Rose was extremely superstitious, she believed every Friday and every 13th day was unlucky, so I had lots of practice never making any big decisions on these days.
If you have an Italian Grandma you probably know these do’s and don’ts
- drop a dish towel (unexpected company will come over)
- go to bed between 11:55 pm and midnight (will have bad dreams)
- buy a broom in May, (you’ll sweep someone away)
- wash blankets in May (you’ll wash someone away)
- go to the zoo or look at monkeys during pregnancy, (it will affect your baby’s behavior)
- sneeze at the breakfast table (bad spirits will be with you all day)
- carry a shovel thru the house (you’ll be digging someones grave)
- walk under power lines that crossed (just plain unlucky)
- seat 13 at a table (one will die within the year)
- drink out of a cup with a crack (just unlucky)
- wear red or purple to a funeral home (means you’ re happy they’re dead)
- cross knives (you’ll get in a fight)
- stir your coffee 2 or 4 times around not 3times (uneven numbers bring bad luck)
- we could only live in houses with even street numbers,
- use white sheets and pillow cases only (bring good spirits around)
- no dirty dishes over night in the sink (unwanted company will be coming)
- the foot of the bed could not face the door, (you’re on your way out)
- never wear a hat in the house (going to a funeral)
- if you enter the house through the front door had to leave through the front (or more people will keep coming)
- sweep the house out every New Year’s Eve (get rid of the dirt)
- buy a new broom every time we moved (don’t take the dirt with you)
- move the furniture around in her house because we would change her good luck
Grandma lived happy and healthy until 85, and when we giggled about all this she would always say a few choice words in Italian and then say “someday you’ll miss me honey”
She called that right and I’ll admit I always wash my blankets in April.