Determined to cross things off my “to-do” list I am happy to say that I had one of the most productive weeks in the midst of a heatwave. To give you an idea of how much I have put behind me in the past seven days here is the short list:
- Applied for Medicare and all the necessary parts
- Met with a friend to lend an ear on a pressing issue
- Went to the eye doctor, and ordered new glasses
- Had a successful real estate transaction close
- Traded in my car that had an expired lease
- Planned my next road trip
- Babysat twice for my baby bear Tom
Trading in the car was the most time consuming of all. I started at the local dealership and as hard as they worked to find what I was looking for they just didn’t have it. The closest they came was with an SUV, even though I’m a sedan kind of person. I considered the option because it is higher off the ground and seemed to be a smooth drive. The vehicle was pre-owned and that was what I was looking for since I am stepping closer to full retirement. After two days of checking out websites, and stopping by every car lot I passed, I ruled it out. What held me back was a pet odor in the vehicle. The dealership assured me that it could be neutralized but I could not get comfortable with it.
Finally, on Friday I got a call from the Sales Agent informing me of a trade-in. A sedan with every option and the color I was looking for became available. Quickly I told him I’ll take it, and was so happy to have the car shopping monkey off my back.