Located between Ellis and Franklin Squares and close to Historic River Street the “Old City Market” is alive today as it was in the 1700’s. The old warehouses are today filled with antique shops, art studios, restaurants, boutiques, and pubs. Visitors enjoy the “old timey” feel and it does not have a “modern” look. The charm of Savannah is the preservation of the historical significance of its beautiful city.
The Prohibition Museum is also located in the City Market.
Candy, Ice Cream, , Wings and things, Local dishes, and Cool refreshing beverages offer something for all. Outdoor entertainment is in the evening.
- The market is pet friendly
- Parking is available in the City Ramps or by meter
- Hotels, shopping, dining, historical monuments and squares are within walking distance
- Ellis sqaure is family friendly with water geisers to cool off in
- Public restrooms are available
- Transportation by bus, taxi, trolley or carraige is accessible at the market
- Summers are hot an humid in Savannah, expect 90′ and afternoon thunderstorms
- All the rest of the year is mild
- It’s a fun place to ring in the New Year with music until 1am
- Ellis Sqaure recognizes Savannah native “Johnny Mercer” musician
One block over if you’re a Paula Deen fan…you can visit “The lady and Sons” restaurant and a gift shop for all the butter lovers out there.
I 95 travelers exit on Interstate 16 East and take it to the end. You will arrive in Savannah, Georgia.
Bee Happy 🐝