Hilton Head South Carolina
Good morning walkers, my wishes to all for a good day. This morning we will walk around Jarvis lake. After a stormy night with hard rain and lightening I hope to see some wildlife fully refreshed.
Trees aroung the lake include cabbage palmettos, toothache trees, laurel oaks, red maples, bald cypress, black gum and sweet gum. Let’s get moving…
The park has facilities, a picnic area, play areas,work out bars, parking, and easy to follow walking paths.
Trees and plants
A few helpful hints to plan your visit:
- The park is open from dusk to dawn
- There are 1 mile of paved trails and just under 1 mile of mulched walkways
- The 11 acre lake is freshwater stocked with bass and blue gill (catch and release)
- Swimming is not permitted
- Pets are welcome
- Canoes and Kayaks are allowed
- Open fires are not permitted
- Please do not feed the alligators and use caution near the edge of the lake as they like to lay in the tall grass
Hilton Head Island South Carolina is I95 Exit 8 (Hwy278 east)
My sneakers are damp from the puddles…have a happy day