Hilton Head South Carolina
Good morning walkers, my wishes to all for a good day. This morning we will walk around Jarvis lake. After a stormy night with hard rain and lightning, I hope to see some wildlife fully refreshed.
Trees around the lake include cabbage palmettos, toothache trees, laurel oaks, red maples, bald cypress, black gum, and sweet gum. Let’s get moving…
The park has facilities, a picnic area, play areas, work out bars, parking, and easy to follow walking paths.
Trees and plants
A few helpful hints to plan your visit:
- The park is open from dusk to dawn
- There are 1 mile of paved trails and just under 1 mile of mulched walkways
- The 11 acre lake is freshwater stocked with bass and bluegill (catch and release)
- Swimming is not permitted
- Pets are welcome
- Canoes and Kayaks are allowed
- Open fires are not permitted
- Please do not feed the alligators and use caution near the edge of the lake as they like to lay in the tall grass
Hilton Head Island South Carolina is I95 Exit 8 (Hwy278 east)
My sneakers are damp from the puddles…have a happy day
Love the cloud reflections in the water, Alice! Stepping very lightly though. I don’t want to disturb a gator! 🙁 🙁 Thanks for sharing!
I’ve never been to South Carolina – I’ve heard it is a nice place to visit, and your pictures and words make me want to see it in person! Lovely post, thanks for sharing!
Such a delightful walk Alice. Good for body and soul.
Thanks for bringing virtual greenery.
Looks like a great place for a walk and I love the little red bird, what is it?
Comments are closed.